Sunday, September 21, 2014

Doctor John H. Watson Appreciation Post

(Source)
I love the Doctor side of John. We, as a fandom, don't get to see that often. And I miss it.

Sometimes I go into deep thought about different lines from Sherlock and try to decipher hidden meaning and such. One of the lines I've thunk about is:
"I was in the army. I killed people."
"You were a doctor!"
"I had bad days!"
So, to my thunking, here how it goes.

John was a doctor in the army. John was a doctor in a war zone. He lost people. And he doesn't see it as "they were killed in the war." He sees it as, "I, John Watson, couldn't save them. I killed them." And I think that is beautiful. He goes above and beyond, not only in matters of life, but death too. He is a doctor to his very core.

I love Doctor Watson. I love the jam-kittens-rage Jawn too--don't get me wrong. I just like the serious, feelings-y side too.

In other news, the giveaway is still going in full force. And only a few people have entered so far, so you have a pretty good chance of winning.

And now, in the words of a obsession of mine: I can solve your murder. But, John Watson can save your life.

1 comment: