Sunday, April 13, 2014

Doctor Who: The Musical

Today we're music-ing the cast of Doctor Who!!!!!! **SPOILERS OBV** How'd you like the new look BTW?


********************DOCTORS*************************************

(Source)
Person: The Ninth Doctor

Song: Too Much Time On My Hands- Styx

Why? I think this sums up Nine before Rose quite nicely. After the Time War, The Doctor drifted 'round time and space, not really stopping to think about what he'd done--can you blame him?--solving as many of the world's problems as he could to make up for his sins, and I think it was making him a little crazy.



"...Well, I'm a jet fuel genius -
I can solve the world's problems
Without even trying...
Is it any wonder I've got
Too much time on my hands, it's ticking away at my sanity..."

(Source)

Person: The Tenth Doctor

Song: Demons- Imagine Dragons

Why? Ten is my doctor. He's also kinda sad. Like all the time. Like "All by myself" on a loop sad.

"They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go
Your eyes, they shine so bright
I wanna save that light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how
When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide"

He has a lot of emotions. He wants to save the world. But he also knows he needs saving.


(Source)
Person: The Eleventh Doctor

Song: Pompeii- Bastille

Why? Eleven is an eleven year old. Painfully so.

"I was left to my own devices
Many days fell away with nothing to show"

He spent his time-his life-running. Running from what he'd done. Running from his guilt and pain.

"Great clouds roll over the hills
Bringing darkness from above
But if you close your eyes,
Does it almost feel like
Nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes,
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?"

He's an optimist. Even in the darkest corners of the universe, he can find an upside. He can save someone. And I think that's why he's connected with the younger generation so well.

  
(Source)

Person: The War Doctor/8-and-a-half

Song: War- Edwin Starr

Why? Because I was kinda forced to. Between cosmic law, and my mum. I mean the song's got his name(-ish) in it, for bunnies' sake!
And if you forgive all the "Huhs" and "Yeahs," I think it speaks to who 8 1/2 is on a deep level. 

"War I despise
'Cause it means destruction of innocent lives
War means tears in thousands of mothers' eyes
When their sons go out to fight and lose their lives
I said:
War... Huh... Good God y'all!
What it is good for?
Absolutely nothing!"

(Source)
Person: The Twelfth Doctor

Song: Who Are You- The Who

Why? 'Cause reasons.







********************COMPANIONS*************************************

(Source)


Person: Rose Tyler

Song: I'm A Bitch, I'm A Lover- Alanis Morissette

Why?

"...Maybe I'm an angel underneath, innocent and sweet....
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, 
I'm a child, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint,
I do not feel ashamed....
When you hurt, when you suffer,
I'm an angel undercover"

Everyone wants to reduce Rose to just a woman with a crush on a man, but she's more, so much more. Let's not forget she IS the Bad Wolf and that she saved the world--and the Doctor--on more than one occasion. She is an angel, but also a warrior. She did what needed to be done, even when it was difficult, yet she never lost the ability to be spontaneous and carefree when circumstances allowed it. 


(Source)

Person: I'm Captain Jack Harkness, and who are you?

Song: Sexy And I Know It- LMFAO

Why? Out of all the things Captain Jack is--immortal, sassy, and tormented--he's also kind of a Man-Whore. But he knows and embraces it.You could say he's SEXY AND HE KNOWS IT. **wink wink**


(Source)

Person: Martha Jones

Song: I Want You To Want Me- Cheap Trick

Why? Truthfully, I've never been a big Martha fan. She always wanted The Doctor, which is fine, but she had trouble accepting that he wasn't in that kind of place in his life at that time. It always seemed like she was more after a romantic relationship with the Doctor than an adventure through all of time and space.

"I want you to want me
I need you to need me
I'd love you to love me

I'll shine up the old brown shoes
Put on a brand new shirt
I'll get home early from work
If you say that you love me"





(Source)

Person: Donna Noble

Song: Thank You For Being A Friend- Andrew Gold

Why? Donna is my companion.  She's got Martin Freeman level sass, the most ginger hair to ever ginge, and she's one of the most important women in my life. Like naming my firstborn daughter after her. And the FEELS. Oh my.

But most of all, she was the Doctor's friend. She loved him dearly without any of the romantic overtones from other relationships (see: Martha).

"Thank you for being a friend
Traveled down the road and back again
your heart is true you're a pal and a confidante

I'm not ashamed to say
I hope it always will stay this way
My hat is off, won't you stand up and take a bow?"

And can we take a minute to remember the "Planet of The Hats" reference?  HATS.


(Source)

Person: River Song

Song: Haven't Met You Yet- Michael Bublé

Why? River is moving in the opposite direction through time and space than The Doctor. When we first met River, she dies. So at some point River's going to meet The Doctor and then we're all going to cry.


(Source)




Person: Amy Pond

Song: I Will Wait- Mumford and Sons

Why? Amy waited. And waited. And she waited for her raggedy Doctor to come. But he didn't. And then he did. When I think Amy, I think "the girl who waited."








(Source)
Person: Rory Williams

Song: I'm The Only One- Melissa Etheridge

Why?

NUMBER ONE: I can't get over the little orange shorts.

NUMBER TWO: Amy loved The Doctor. I think Rory was always a little worried that she lurved The Doctor. But after all that time, they ended up together. Forever. In the past. Forever. #PONDWITHDRAWAL

And even if she had lurved The Doctor, I think Rory would have still loved Amy just the same, would still have waited centuries for her, would have still moved heaven and earth for her. 







(Source)

Person: Clara Oswin Oswald

Song: Little Talks- Of Monsters And Men

Why? I don't like Clara. It might be partly because of #PONDWITHDRAWAL. She just seems like she uses The Doctor as a Wibbly-Wobbly taxi service. I also get the feeling she trying to find her place in life.



"There's an old voice in my head that's holding me back
Well tell her that I miss our little talks
Soon it will be over and buried with our past
We used to play outside when we were young
And full of life and full of love."

 ********************BONUSES*************************************

(Source)


Person: The Master

Song: Die young- Ke$ha

Why?

"I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums"

I have no other reason. 

Really though.

Move along.







(Source)

Person: The Tardis/Sexy

Song: Rather Be- Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne

Why? We all love the TARDIS. She's a lot of things, Blue, Rectangle, but mostly she home for The Doctor. All The Doctors. All the time.

"We staked out on a mission to find our inner peace
Make it everlasting so nothing's incomplete
It's easy being with you, sacred simplicity
As long as we're together, there's no place I'd rather be

When I am with you, there's no place I'd rather be"







Doctor Who the musical.  BAM. Oy. That took a long time. Rory died twice while I was writing that. SOooOoOO next week we do Sherlock: The Musical. Excited? No... I'll be excited for the both of us then!

(Source)


No comments:

Post a Comment