Sunday, April 6, 2014

Supernatural: The Musical

Welcome to the first SuperWhoLock: The Musical installment!! Spoilers and good music ahead!

In this series, we'll be posting a theme song for each main character and 'ship, and why we think that song represents that person or persons.

Let's begin.

(Source)
Person: Dean Winchester

Song: Love Don't Die- The Fray

Why? I think this embodies Dean's essence: "And even if they try / They'll never take my body from your side."

That's who he is. That's what he does.

He went to hell and back. For real though. He climbed his way out of a pine box six feet under for Sam. No matter what, he didn't and he doesn't leave Sammy. Even when they fight and go their separate ways once a season, he would die for Sam, Cas, Bobby and anyone else he considers family. Dean may die, but his love doesn't, and it always brings him back.



(Source)

Person: Sam Winchester

Song: Wake Me Up- Avicii

Why?  Sam never wanted to be in the family business. But self-sacrifice is the Winchester way.  

"I tried carrying the weight of the world
But I only have two hands
Hope I get the chance to travel the world
But I don't have any plans"

He wants to be free. He doesn't want to spend the rest of his life traveling around in Baby, nearly getting himself killed. He shows that every time Dean dies and he's all "#Crying *sees available woman* "How you doin'?" Then he moves on, up and away.




I'm so mentally dating him.
(Source)



Person: Castiel

Song: Counting Stars- OneRepublic

Why? Beneath the baby face in a trenchcoat, behind that gravely voice and stern expression, lies a hopeful Castiel torn between doing what he's told, doing what's right, and doing what his heart tells him.

 "Old, but I'm not that old
Young, but I'm not that bold
And I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told"
^ See? Hopeful 2008 Cas.

"I feel something so right
By doing the wrong thing
And I feel something so wrong
By doing the right thing"
 ^See? Conflicted. He wants to help heaven and the Winchesters. But he can't. Poor adorable Cas.





(Source)
Person: Bobby Singer

Song: I Won't Back Down- Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers

Why? Balls. He's got 'em and he uses 'em.

Sorry. Anyway, It's a very Bobby concept.


"Well I won't back down,
no, I won't back down
You could stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down."

He sold his soul to help find Death.
They stood him up at the gates of hell and he didn't back down. Find something better, I dare you.

 
(Source)

Person: Baby, the Impala

Song: I'll Be There For You- The Rembrandts 

Why? If you'll forgive the theme-songness of it, I think it really screams Baby.


The one constant in Dean's life, besides pain and loss,  is his Impala. Baby has been a constant companion, and even home for both of them. She gets banged up, destroyed, generally mistreated, and she keeps coming back like the Terminator.

"And when it was clear, they'd park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars... for hours... without saying a word. It never occurred to them that, sure, maybe they never really had a roof and four walls but they were never, in fact, homeless."


(Source)
Person: Crowley KingOfHell

Song: Gimme the Prize- Queen

Why? "Give me your kings, let me squeeze them in my hands,
Your puny princes,
Your so-called leaders of your land,
I'll eat them whole before I'm done,
The battle's fought and
the game is won,
I am the only one,
I am the god of kingdom come."

Well, then.

(Source)
Person: Lucifer McEvil

Song: Bad to The Bone- George Thorogood

Why? I know he's literally the devil, but I love him. He's so sassy. And evil.

"I make a rich woman beg
I'll make a good woman steal
I'll make an old woman blush
And make a young girl squeal"

Sam is a young girl in this situation. *cough cough Samcifer cough cough* 







(Source)
Person: Meg I-kissed-Castiel-I'm-so-lucky-and-you're-not

Song: Trouble- P!ink

Why? The girl is trouble. But she's fun trouble, and she really does care for Castiel, and is willing to help the boys because of it. She's like evil-lite.



















(Source)

Person: Ruby Demon-pants

Song: Black Magic Woman- Santana

Why? She got Sammy addicted to demon blood.

"She's a black magic woman
She's tryin' to make a devil out of me."

She's just bad, not bad-ish like Crowley, or bad-adjacent like Meg. Or even sassy-bad like Lucifer. She's just bad.

**************************************SHIPS**************************************

(Source)
The ship: Destiel (Dean/Castiel)

Song: Angel With A Shotgun- The Cab

Why? See the cool fanvid linked above. I'm not using any lyrics 'cause I'd just cut and paste the whole song because it is perfect for Destiel. But you can read them if you click here.














(Source)
 The ship: Crobby (Crowley/Bobby)

Song: Behind Blue Eyes- The Who

Why?

"No one knows what it's like
To feel these feelings
Like I do
And I blame you!

No one bites back as hard
On their anger
None of my pain and woe
Can show through"

Their Facebook relationship status would definitely read "It's complicated." This is a drinking-swearing-grumpy-sarcastic love, not happy-fluffy-kittens love. Yet they're both more than they appear on the surface.
 


(Source)
The ship: Samcifer (Lucifer/Sam)

Song: Bad Romance- Lady Gaga

Why? Sam was always meant to be the vessel for Lucifer, so of course fandom has decreed that they must be shipped. But y'all? This is a bad romance. Lucifer ain't about love: he's about possession and obliteration.

(Source)

The ship: Megstiel (Meg/Castiel)

Song: She's So Mean- Matchbox Twenty

Why? 'Cause he's her unicorn. Her feelings for Cas took her by surprise. Those feelings couldn't completely redeem her, but they did change her for the better.











So there you have it. What do you think? Do you have an idea for a better song? Tell me in the comments.

Happy listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment