Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sherlock: The Musical, Part 1

Whoop, whoop! Sherlock song-i-fied! Because I'm a bit of a shipette when it comes to Sherlock, the ships will be covered in part 2, next week.

**SPOILERS AHEAD FOR SERIES 1 AND 2**

Let's not dilly-dally.

(Source)
Person: Sherlock Holmes

Song: I Am A Rock- Simon & Garfunkel

Why? Are you the song that sums up Sherlock Holmes? Yes you are. Who's the cutest little song that sums up Sherlock Holmes? You are! You are!

"I have my books
And my poetry to protect me;
I am shielded in my armor,
Hiding in my room, safe within my womb.
I touch no one and no one touches me.
I am a rock,
I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain;
And an island never cries."










I'm 99.9 % sure I have that same shirt.
(Source)
 Person: John Hamish Watson/Jawn

Song: Ho Hey- The Lumineers

Why? Sometimes with all the hedgehog-ing and jam, I forget he was a soldier and had some serious PTSD.

"I've been trying to do it right
I've been living a lonely life
I've been sleeping here instead
I've been sleeping in my bed,
Sleeping in my bed

So show me family
All the blood that I would bleed
I don't know where I belong
I don't know where I went wrong
But I can write a [BLOG!!]"

That last bit was ad libbed.

(Source)


Person: Molly Hooper

Song: Makes Me Happy- Drake Bell

Why? SHE IS KITTENS! Everybody reduces her down to a week, hopeless romantic with a blind crush on Sherlock. But, let's face it, if Sherlock asked you to cancel your lunch plans, we all would. She's just so happy. About everything. "Post mortem on a triple-homicide. Better wear the blue kitten sweater, then.







(Source)


Person: Mycroft Holmes

Song: Every Breath You Take- The Police

Why? He is Big Brother in so many ways.

"Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you.

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you."



#GASP
(Source)


Person: Jim Moriarty

Song: My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark- Fall Out Boy

Why? Moriarty is insane. Not like "Gurl, you cray-cray!" insane. He's looney bin crazy. "Crazy bus" crazy. Then one day he decides to unleash said "looney bin of crazy" on Sherlock's head.

"All the writers keep writing what they write
Somewhere another pretty vein just dies
I've got the scars from tomorrow and I wish you could see...



Burn everything you love, then burn the ashes
In the end everything collides
My childhood spat back out the monster that you see...."


(Source)
Person: Mrs. Hudson

Song: I'll Take Care Of You- Etta James

Why? We don't know a lot 'bout Mrs. Hudson. Except that she is not your housekeeper. One recurring theme through her character development is that she's always taking care of John and Sherlock.



"I know you’ve been hurt by someone else
I can tell by the way you carry yourself
But if you let me here’s what I’ll do
I’ll take care of you"



(Source)
Person: Irene Adler/The Woman

Song: Killer Queen- Queen

Why? This is basically her song. "Killer Queen" is to The Woman, what "Angel With a Shotgun" is to Destiel. You can find full lyrics here.




(Source)



Person: DI Greg Lestrade

Song: Titanium- David Guetta (ft. Sia)

Why? I am a self-proclaimed Greg-Fangirl. GregGregGregGregGregGregGregGreg.
Being "The DI Greg Lestrade" can't be an easy task.


"I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away

You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium"

Whatever happens, Greg handles it. Also, Greg needs to stay alive, or else we will riot. It might be a two-fangirl riot, but it shall be a riot nonetheless. #justsayin'



**THIS NEXT BIT IS A WEE BIT SPOILERY. DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY SEEN SERIES 3. UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED, THEN GO, VENTURE ON!**











(Source)


Person: Mary Morstan Watson

Song: Up In The Air- 30 Seconds to Mars

Why? We think we know Mary, but it turns out, we don't.

"I've been up in the air,
 out of my head,
Stuck in a moment of emotion I destroyed.
Is this the end I feel?
...All of the laws I've broken,
loves that I've sacrificed.
Is this the end, end, end, end?

I'll wrap my hands around your neck so tight with love, love.

A thousand times I tempted fate.
A thousand times I played this game."

**HERE ENDETH THE SPOILERS.**


So there's your Sherlock Musical, part 1. What did you think? Ready for Sherlock ships next week? I am!

Oh, and there's still a little bit of time left in the giveaway, so go enter if you haven't yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment