Sunday, June 8, 2014

And Lo! A Fangirl Was Born: Doctor Who

Welcome to the first installment of "And Lo! A Fangirl Was Born!" Yay. Whoo.

Let's begin with a little back story...

My Dad was a die-hard classic fan (Four was his Doctor), so when the new series came out he started watching. I, on the other hand, was content to play on the computer and ignore him. At the time I was 6-ish, so DW was a bit complicated for me. It still is.

Then, when he was watching "The Empty Child," I was... frightened, panicky, alarmed, terrified.
Pick one.
My Doctor. *sigh*
(Source)

And Daddy decided I was just flipping my lid because I didn't understand what was happening. 

So, we started watching.  

Not long after Mum joined in, and it snowballed from there. 

I didn't really hit "The Fandoms" until I started watching BBC Sherlock. 

But that, my dear Fanlings, is a story for next week. 

During my Mum and Dad's separation and later my Dad's death, Doctor Who was there. Painful and heartbreaking, but there. 

And no matter what, I'll always have Sunday morning Doctor Who watching with my Dad.

Now that I've poured my feels out, let's move along.

I have 11 T-shirts with DW stuff on 'em, the perf  Tardis blue nail polish, cookie jar, and necklace. Ten is my Doctor, and Donna is my Companion. The Weeping Angels are what nightmares have bad dreams about.

And this is the part of the post where I summarize in a witty fashion. 

I like Doctor Who, and... oranges. Sorry, not very witty today. I'm so, so sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment