Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"The Fault In Our Stars" Movie Review

This review contains spoilers.

If you wish to stay spoiler free, do not pass happy Hazel and Gus.

So, turn back now.

Really.

Like now.

WEEeeeEEEeeoooOOOOOOoWEEEEeeeEeEEeOOOOOOoooOO!!!!

*AHOOGA AHOOGA*

All right-y then. 

(Pic from here, hearts by... Google just kinda puffed it there)

I'm starting the review now, okay? Okay.

Going in to the movie, I was expecting not to like it. I figured that with Baby-face (aka Ansel) playing Augustus, and the famous chick of the hour (aka Shailene) playing Hazel, it couldn't do my favorite book justice.

What do you fear more Gus? Oblivion, or nap time?
He can NOT believe I just said that.
(Source)
Well.

I will admit the book made me cry more. They hit all the important stuff in the movie and kept a good amount of the lines from the book:
"Okay? Okay."
"I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend."
"My eyes are good. They're not in my head is the only problem."

I still stand by my feelings regarding Baby-face. That being said, his face radiates youth and health, making finding out about his illness more of a shock.

Shailene did a great job as Hazel.


Both Phillip (the oxygen machine) and Isaac (the blind bestie) had bigger roles in the book.

They dealt with the texting and other technology related stuff very well. *cue photo*
(Source)
When I read the book, there where little tear marks on the pages where other people had cried on it before me.

And let me say, I'm not a crier.

I go into shock, then the feels, screaming, and finally, I cry jus a wittle bit if I really sad.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being "my nemesis just stepped on a lego" and 10 being "my heart has been ripped out, rolled in glass and shoved down my throat/Augustus dying," whilst reading the book I was at 8 1/2. During the movie... 6.

Over all, there wasn't a dry eye in the house. Any house.

It was good. I liked it. I'll probably get it on DVD. And cry. Okay? Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment