Sunday, October 19, 2014

My Feels Through GIFS: Normal Sucks


VIVA LA RESISTANCE, SNAKEY!
(Source)
I have come to a realization.

I am not normal. And I don't want to be.

Someone rather horrible once told me, under the guise of pretending to be helpful, that I should change myself so I could make friends.

And then I was all:
(Source)
And then she was like:
(Source)
And then I was all:
(Source)
I have a pretty good sense of self. I am who I am, and if you don't like it, I don't care.

Could I get out more? Yeah. Could I spend a little more time with IRL humans? Probably. Could I walk by someone I don't know and try not to go "nononononononononoDONOTTALKTOME" in my head? No. That one isn't optional.

But I'm not going to change who I am for anyone but my self. Normal is so not Raven. Normal is a setting on the dryer. Normal is what anything that is different and wonderful is measured against. If everyone were normal, the world would suck more that it does already. The world is an amazing place: it's the people who are striving for normalcy instead of being who they really are who are messing it up. If we could just stop worrying about being normal and worry about... I don't know, THINGS THAT MATTER, the world would be a better place.

If you start feeling a case of the norms coming on, I have a GIF for you.

(Source)
Never be normal; just be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment