Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Jarsen, The Fandom Panda, Rants

Jarsen flips over when he's angry.
(Pic from here, edit by me, Jarsen by Jarsen)
This morning I woke up to panda yodeling. And as you know, Fandom Pandas only yodel when they're very upset.

I galloped to Jarsen's room to see what was the matter. And there poor Jarsen was, just yodeling his little heart out. It was pitiful really.

I said to Jarsen, "Jarsen? What's the matter, sweetness? Did Moffat get you again?"

Jarsen said, "No. I'm just very mad. I was just thinking about animals in the Fandoms. Or rather lack thereof. I mean really. There's the cat-people from Doctor Who, but there cat-people. They hardly count as straight up animals. There's a dog in Supernatural every now and again, but they're plot tools, not characters. There was that hairless cat in Sherlock, and just no. Redbeard is lovely, but he was just a memory. And the only panda I know of is the panda picture in Mike's apartment on Suits. It just makes me mad. I could just yodel."

I said, "Well, I have my post about you today. I could make it a call to action. If you like."

And Jarsen said, "I would love that."

Then I said, "Ok. What do you want for breakfast?"

And he said, "Waffles please. And can we have bamboo bacon?"

And I sai--Nevermind, BACK TO TOPIC.

So, anyway, this is the call to action.  If you know the writers of a TV show urge them to write in more animals. If you write fan-fic, I urge you to add someone fuzzy. If you are fan-art-ly gifted, I urge you to include non-homosapiens in your images. Hear my plea, Fanlings. Please, for Jarsen's sake. And if not for him, for me. I can't bear the yodeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment